20 min prep
A quick, easy, tasty supper when you are time-pressed. Real fast-food!
- 1 lime
- 300 g organic cut red cabbage
- 3 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 kg Fairtrade Original Young Canned Jackfruit
- 150 ml smokey barbecue sauce (if you want to make your own mix some tomato purée, with a little smoked paprika, a teaspoon of maple syrup and teaspoon of red wine vinegar or tamari)
- 1 cucumber
- 71/2 g fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp vegan or regular mayonnaise 2 tbsp tap water
- 8 tortillas
- Scrub the lime, grate the zest and squeeze. Mix the red cabbage with the lime zest, lime juice and half of the oil. Season with pepper and salt if desired.
- Drain the jackfruit pieces and rinse them under cold running water. Pull them apart with your hands. Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and fry the fruit pieces with the barbecue sauce for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a teaspoon and cut the flesh into half-moons.
- Chop the coriander coarsely and mix the mayonnaise with the water.
- Heat the tortillas according to the directions on the package. Divide the jackfruit pieces, coleslaw and cucumber over the tortillas. Sprinkle with the cilantro and drizzle with the mayonnaise dressing.